Helping Education Professionals Understand and Succeed with Volunteer Retirement Plans
The Latest from the Late Bloomer Millionaires
It’s that time of the year, the Quarterly Reports. I really hope you find these reports helpful for a number of reasons:
1. Show you how a portfolio of diversified stocks, bonds, and cash looks like.
2. Show how this diversified portfolio performs in coordination with the stock and bond markets.
3. The individual holdings are not selected at random, but for the purpose of doing a specific and important job in the portfolio. It’s always about the portfolio as a whole performing package, not about the individual holdings.
4. Each holding reflects a specific part of the domestic and international stock and bond markets.
5. While some of the stock asset classes have high correlations, stock and bond allocations are not. Including bonds in my portfolio helps preserve my money against a major and lengthy stock market crash. This is known as the stock bond split. My portfolio is 30% stocks and 70% bonds. My 30% exposure to stocks provides enough risk that my portfolio should keep up with inflation (This is not a guarantee, it is part of my diversification and asset allocation plan).
6. This portfolio is an example of a conservative portfolio for a 69-year-old retiree.Learn More
Is been over eight months since Dan died and while the hours and days are getting easier, I miss Dan every day. The single life remains an unfamiliar challenge. I am still thinking and feeling as a part of a couple—similar to losing a limb, the phantom pain is real. I am functioning just fine and carrying on with life as if nothing happened. But my grief is alive and painful just below the surface, 24/7. I am slowly “rebalancing” back to a single life, a life that I have not experienced since my 20s.Learn More
Steve’s comment: Guest Author Jessica Kane shows how some regular people of all income levels become wealthy. Those who earned their way to being financially secure executed those common sense daily habits we all share. I love articles that show the behavioral similarities between the wealthy and the rest of us. I think it comes down to actually believing that if you are consistent and disciplined about the goal of saving and learning to manage your investments, after time, your assets will grow more than you think and you’ll become financially secure. It’s a darn good feeling.Learn More